K. Jobe's Thoughts

First to last: human, man, cynical, sexual, emotional, minority, real. These are my thoughts just take a look.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, District of columbia, United States

I am the manifestation of all your insecurities and imperfections. Try me and you will see not even I know the real me.

Thursday, June 02, 2011

The Real BS/Stick to the Script

I want to preface this post by saying it is not recanting or a retraction of my "Flip the Script" post seen here . However, the words of this post may seem to go towards the so-called grain, that post went against. Let us distinguish it like this, there are certain things that are expected of a man, and there are certain things men should expect amongst themselves, this would address the latter. This post will be  simple, because as this post represents this is no time for BS (BS = bitch shit).

This post was spawned from a convo I had with one of my friends last night, about how he was out with some other dudes he knows from his undergrad. One of the guys there that he went to school with, but did not really chill with like that, is the subject of this post. The guy starts asking him about this girl that my friend used to kick it with back in his freshman year of college.
Me: "Pause. Why does he care about some chick you talked to 7 years ago?"
Him: "K. Jobe, I don't know, but wait, there's more. I told him, she did my homework for me and that was pretty much the extent of the relationship. I did not really mess with her like that, she was just some chick who was always there to do my work. So then dude, who is asking the questions, says oh cause that's my homegirl."
Me: "Pause. What, why, who cares?"
Him: "K. Jobe, I do not know. Apparently he wanted to get at her, but she was too busy following me to give him any play back then. But wait, there's more. Dude (the one worried about what his "homegirl" was doing 7 years ago) started acting funny later on that night. Basically, we all go out, having drinks, talking to some females, and Sherlock Holmes keeps pressing us to leave cause they were supposed to go to another venue at 1 am."
Me: "Pause. But if ya'll are having a good time why would you leave. You don't leave a good thing. And why doesn't he just talk to one of the females that are there with ya'll."
Him: "K. Jobe! I do not know. But next thing we know he left the bar and went home without saying nothing to nobody."
Me: "Full stop. Wait, so you're telling me, that this dude who is studying your moves from 7 years ago, who does not know how to keep a good time going, caught an attitude and left the people he came with, hopped on a train and went home."

Fellas, seriously. And I mean this with the utmost sincerity, that's some BS. Let's take this one by one:
  1. As a dude, you really should not be concerned who another dude, especially someone who is not even a good friend, is giving the business to. With that said, you also should not be hating on some dude who is getting at a chick. I can't stand when dudes say: man she can do better then him, or how did he pull her, or he probably ain't even dickin her down right. (term of art). Negro, why are you concerned about what he's doing unless you plan to take notes to improve your game, which I support, then sit your ass down. Now if in fact this is your girlfriend's past you digging into then you really doing some BS.
  2. If you out with your fellas, or even just out with a group of people you came with, and they are having a good time, then you damn sure better find a way to have a good time. Hell, even if you in a bad mood and want to sit in the corner and sulk or sit at the bar solo and get drunk, do not ruin their good time.To do so would be some BS.
  3. There have been times when I find out a coworker, colleague, friend has had a bbq, or party and did not invite me. If you feel that strongly about not being invited, then address it with them individually and move on. But don't go saying how that's f'd up, and you would have invited them, and that's why ya'll are not even tight...that some BS.
  4. Finally, if you come with a crew you leave with your crew. Now that may go out the window, if everyone is "hooking up" or ...well really that is the only thing I can think of. However, catching an attitude and storming off home is not only some BS, but it's some kiddie nonsense.
Never fear fellas sometimes you can get emotional, and that is when your friends are there to tell you to "man up" or stop doing all this BS. Do not get mad if they tell you this, they are trying to help, and yes you guessed it getting mad would only be some bitch shit. Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home