K. Jobe's Thoughts

First to last: human, man, cynical, sexual, emotional, minority, real. These are my thoughts just take a look.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, District of columbia, United States

I am the manifestation of all your insecurities and imperfections. Try me and you will see not even I know the real me.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Wingman 101

This post is inspired by life's events. A wingman is supposed to be the dude/friend you can count on to go out with you to the bar, club, lounge whatever and help you pick up some phyne female specimens to get to know better. A wingman does not always have to be a dude either, most if not all men have a few select female friends he is tight with. These females can also fill the role of wingman, and usually they outshine their male counterparts in this capacity...but I digress.

I, personally, do not have what I would call "good" wingmen. See I have male friends I can count on to go out with me, party with me, got my back if something goes down, etc. But as far as them having the inside track and helping me pull some potential mates, that would be null and void. This is probably because I myself am not a good wingman. That's right, I admit it. If you expect me to help you get some girl (or guy its a free country) phone number for you, then you may be expecting too much. For this reason I cannot be mad that my friends are not good wingmen. I can't be mad at you for not executing something I also cannot do. With that being said there are a few rules I follow, that I am willing to share, which helps improve my lackluster of wingmanness. SN: it is my blog and I will make up words if I want to.

#1 - don't disappear. Fellas and Ladies, I cannot express this enough. The worst thing you could do is leave your friend and go somewhere else in the bar or outside the bar to do your own thing. If you did so to get at someone else then try to bring them back or let your friend know where you at ASAP.

#2 - hold a convo. Chances are whatever female or male is approached is not alone. Make your best efforts to entertain the other person because if your friend starts talking to a girl and her female friend is just standing there staring, things will get uncomfortable really quickly. I know I know you have no game. Neither do I but I can talk my way out of a prison if need be, so make something up and try to be cool (don't let em see you sweat).

#3 - if your friends are there introduce them. If you are so lucky to go to a venue with your boy and some of your female friends are there (btw this is not considered lucky in DC because everyone is everywhere all the time smh [apologies again I digress]). Do your boy a favor and introduce him to your friends. This is not only beneficial because he gets to meet some phyne ass females (cause your friends better not be ugly) but this will make him feel more comfortable in the venue and instill some confidence in him.

#4 - if it's time to roll, then it's time to roll. This should really call for no explanation, unless you are making some headway with a potential interest, you are ready to go when your friend is ready to go. Period. Because when the dust clears it is still "bros before hoes" or whatever equivalent female expression would suffice.

As I stated I don't expect a great wingman because I myself am not one. But I do expect a wingman who could at least adhere to these simple rules. Until next time folks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home