K. Jobe's Thoughts

First to last: human, man, cynical, sexual, emotional, minority, real. These are my thoughts just take a look.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, District of columbia, United States

I am the manifestation of all your insecurities and imperfections. Try me and you will see not even I know the real me.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Runaround

This post is inspired after listening to Tristan Wilds' song "Runaround", oh yeah the boy is talented. Basically, I write this from the perspective of vulnerability. When you have invested time, energy, money, and emotions into someone who has been less than completely honest with you.

I have had and will have relationships where I do my best to give myself over to that person. I truly believe everyone has some sort of sixth sense or gut instinct that let's know something is not quite right. Things are not exactly what it seems. Let me make it clear that I am not speaking about jealousy, insecurity, or cynicism. I am specifically speaking on a strong feeling you get that the relationship is either headed downhill, or that person may be hiding something. Hiding something may not necessarily mean cheating, but it usually is something that would have some impact on the course of the relationship. You get to a point that Mr. Wilds was getting to. Where you get sick of working, trying, talking, or asking; hoping for some change when this person continues to give you the runaround. The runaround especially leaves you vulnerable because you don't really know what's going on, or if anything at all is going on. Perhaps the person is going through some personal issues, and it's hard for them to speak on it. But if they don't speak on it, you cannot know. If you cannot know then you will still feel like you are getting the runaround.

Now I cannot offer a corrective course of action. You could try talking about it, although considering that is how the person is giving you the runaround in the first place, pretty sure that will not work. You could end things and simply cut your losses. You could ease up a bit aka fall back, and try not to get hurt in the process -- hoping this will get the person to respond by giving you more or telling you what's up -- this option typically does not work because you are still invested and may get even more upset that you're "falling back" is not having an effect. Or you could do something that most people would not recommend, but something I personally do not have issues with: put the person on the backburner and keep it moving. The reason the last option, is not typically recommended is that you have to open yourself up to meeting someone new. This is to say that you will likely begin to start a new relationship before you actually end the last one. However, keep in mind these are all results from the runaround. So I personally encourage everyone to be open and honest about most if not everything when embarking in a new relationship. If in the case the person you are with feels that you are giving them the runaround, then sit down and address it immediately before they do exercise other options such as cutting their losses or meeting someone new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home