K. Jobe's Thoughts

First to last: human, man, cynical, sexual, emotional, minority, real. These are my thoughts just take a look.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, District of columbia, United States

I am the manifestation of all your insecurities and imperfections. Try me and you will see not even I know the real me.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Will Love Trump All?

How do you hurt someone you love? Easy when you think that it's in their best interest. How do you tell the kindest, sweetest, most loving person you have ever had the good fortune of knowing that while you still love them, you are no longer in love with them? How do you tell someone that has been nothing but nice to you, and has done absolutely nothing wrong that it just isn't working out...

The Situation: Look above. I met a wonderful person who shall remain nameless. They taught me a lot about myself and helped me during the darkest time of my life. In fact, I cannot even consider it dark times because this person made it so pleasurable and kept a smile on my face. However, things changed. I slowly realized that I was no longer in love, but wanted to be with this person because they helped me become a better person. I wanted to be with this person because they deserved the best, and there was nobody around to give it to them. Despite the fact that we never agreed on the "dealbreakers" marriage and children (later post, I'm sure), I had to be with this person because I owed them so much. I owed them so much. I wanted to be with them because I owed them...

Sometimes people are thrown into our lives for various reasons, and to teach us valuable lessons. I took many lessons a way from this experience. One lesson I learned is whatever higher power is out there be it God, some spiritual forces, karma, nature or even the gods of Greek, Norse, Egyptian, "take your pick" mythology; they work in very mysterious but valuable ways. They put people in your life when you really need to learn something even if you do not see it at the time. Another lesson is that sometimes love IS enough. You cannot force yourself to be in love with someone, and you and they will have to settle for love. It is unconditional love, the love you have when you want to see someone shine, the love you have when you would do anything in your power to make the world better for them...come to think of it it's probably the purest form of love disentangled from any of the stickiness of issues such as trust, disagreement, or expectations. The third lesson is that sometimes you break up not because of arguing, or cheating, but because it is the right thing to do. It is worse to lead someone on and let them believe you two will spend your life together, even if it is something you are trying to convince yourself of, rather than end the relationship. You cannot be in a relationship with someone because you feel like you owe them, or because they have done nothing wrong. You should be with someone because you are in love with them, not simply because you love them. Finally, the last lesson I learned...learning...hope to learn is that even if you hurt that person, who deserves nothing but the best, they can still understand your intentions are as pure as they were on day one. You still love them, and you still want the best for them. I hope to learn that you will still let me be there for you, not because I owe you but because I love you, pure and simple. You deserve the best, and while I may not be the man you spend your life with, I would like to be the man, the friend, the confidant who sees that you get all you deserve and more. Please tell me that you will still allow me to be there for you, please tell me that unconditional love trumps all even being in love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home