K. Jobe's Thoughts

First to last: human, man, cynical, sexual, emotional, minority, real. These are my thoughts just take a look.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, District of columbia, United States

I am the manifestation of all your insecurities and imperfections. Try me and you will see not even I know the real me.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Excuses

You know what I hate: excuses. Seriously dumb excuses about why we don't chill, why you're so busy, why you don't call, why you went here, why you stayed here. I would much prefer reasons for your actions, as opposed to excuses for your inactions. It honestly does not make any sense. What did we say Boogie, "Do or Do Not There is No Try." If you are going to be about something, then be about it, and if you are not about it don't make excuses for your shortcomings. Using the word "try" is usually a sign of an excuse.

I was having a three-way Oovoo conversation with some friends last night. (Keep in mind today's post addresses many people who have been in and out of my life and even some who are still in it, you know who you are *glares out the screen*. ) In the conversation, we discussed, what else, but men and women. I get so bothered having the same conversation over and over where people want to say: "Oh I only stayed with him because of this." "I did not call her because of this." "That situation was different because I knew he/she..." EXCUSES! The difference between an excuse and a reason is quite simple, in Kamal terms, a reason is an explanation as to why you chose a specific course of action. An excuse is some lame-ass story about why you didn't do something that you said you would do, or some bullish rationale for not being able to do something you are perfectly capable of doing. For example, "I won't be able to get up with you tonight because it's my boy's birthday and I gotta take him out. But I promise to make it up to you." - this is a reason and a solid one, because notice the speaker here makes an attempt to reschedule. "I cannot get up with you tonight because I am tired, but let's TRY to reschedule." Excuse, and worse one with no suggested recourse. Why "try" to reschedule, reschedule right now fool. "I want to hang out with you more but I am working crazy hours. I promise as soon as I know my schedule we can arrange something" - Reason versus ""I want to hang out with you more, but I have to do this this and this. But let's try to get together this weeknd." Wait, what? You know that you HAVE to do this, that and the third, but you can only try to see me this weekend.

Females (sorry fellas) next time a man says he will try to make it up to you, or we can try for this or try for that. Tell him, do or do not there is no try. Fellas next time a female says she tried to call you but... or she will try to make it. Tell her the same. Matter of fact, how do you try to call someone. If they did not answer leave a voicemail, if your phone is dead ask to use someone else's. I have many a times let someone use my phone or use someone else's phone. There is no excuse for "trying" to call unless Verizon is cock-blocking. So you out there who says, You are trying to leave the drama behind, but these females etc. NO! You don't want drama, stop hanging with people who bring drama to your life. You out there who says, You want to chill more but you can't because of whatever. NO! Make it happen. Also, do not use the word "can't" it is a disabling word. Take me for example, I am not a good dancer, not a good cook, and not a good swimmer. However, I can't sing...I mean let's be honest, lol. But all jokes aside, I hope you have learned a lesson between excuses and reasons. If you going to be about it be about it, if not then don't make excuses for it later on.

P.S.
Some times "can't" and "try" can be used. "I can't make it my car broke down, I am trying to get a mechanic out here." That is a pretty solid reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home